Whoa. This is my 100th blog post. I am shocked and amazed. Yuh.
Alright. I am gonna write 5 facts about myself.
1. I moved around a bit. My dad was in the US Navy. As a preschooler and kindergartener, I lived in East Meadow, New York. As a first and second grader, I lived in Portland, Texas. (FYI, famous singer, Selena, died in Corpus Christi, which is about 9 miles to where I was living. This happened in 1995. RIP, Selena.) From third grade until now, I have lived in the Bay Area.
2. Possibly, I am ambidextrous. I started writing with my left-hand. However, I was taught how to write with my right-hand instead. I play basketball with my left-hand, but I play tennis with my right-hand.
3. I used to have dimples.
4. Throughout my life, I have chosen many different hairstyles: Bald, mullet, huge afro, high-top fade, crew cut, bowl cut, mohawk, faux hawk, pompadour, and slicked back. (Yuh, mix it up.) I am very grateful that I still have hair. (I am no way near from going bald.) Perhaps, my next hairstyle is dreadlocks.
5. When I was 21 years old, I had a girlfriend. To this day, she was my only girlfriend. Patience is the key. (Enjoy life.)
Post a comment below, if you want me to write more facts about myself on my future blog post.
At Vancouver International Airport, I stood in line to order a cup of Starbucks coffee.
It happened last Thursday at 11ish am. My flight departure was at 12:45pm but it was delayed at 3pm. (Then, delayed at 4:30. Lastly, delayed at 5:30pm.)
I was flying back home to San Francisco International Airport.
As I stood in Starbucks line, I saw an old lady slowly walking with her white cane. Everybody was looking at her. (Most people do not see and encounter a blind person every day.)
Last night, I met this cute lady at my cousin's wedding.
We sat together at the wedding reception. I believe we had a connection. I assumed by looking at her eyes, as we talked. (I enjoy meeting new people, and connecting with them.)
I told her, "I'll be in Canada until Thursday."
A day after the wedding, she texted me, "I appreciate this. However, I don't see this going anywhere. No chemistry for me. Sorry."
I replied, "Thanks for your honesty 👍! No need to apologize." (The average guy would say something like, "Forget her! That's her loss!" I used to say that.)
She replied, "Enjoy the rest of your stay!"
I replied, "Thank you very much! 😁"
Let it be! Respect the lady.
I want to become the best person I can be. Also, I want to be perfect.
Then again, nobody is perfect. Relax, Mikey. Take it easy.
I am too harsh on myself. (Yes, I was depressed late last year. For the reason that, I was jealous by everybody's social media with their lovers. I called myself, "A lonely blogger." Most importantly, I am better now.)
One of my good friends did tell me something like, "If you keep rolling your eyes, you are overthinking. One way to relax is to look downward at your nose. Keep your eyes still. Then, lift the tip of your tongue. Have your tongue touch your palate (roof of your mouth) as you slowly take 3 deep breaths.
Here is a list below on my harshness:
Last night, I was about to sleep, until I heard breaking news about an active gun shooter open firing his fully-automatic rifle at a music festival in Las Vegas. (At that time, the news reported 2 people dead, and about 200 injured.)
This morning, I woke up at 9:15. Then, I see a missed phone call from one of my good friends. (He called me at 8:45am.)
He brought up the gunshooting incident in Vegas.
Why did your good friend call you about it?
Most Read Blog Posts
- Happy Birthday, Sister
- Today, I Am Grateful For...
- Losing a Loved One
- A Letter To My Sister
- A Letter To My Uncle
- A Letter To My High School Self
- Happy Father's Day
- Happy Mother's Day
- My Throwback Thursday
- Where Am I At Now?
- A Letter To Her
- Ask, And Listen
- Pay It Forward
- Christmas 2017
- My First Dates
- Another Letter To Her