The past is remembered. Live in the moment. The future is in you.
-Mike Caceres, who is a blogger, hiker, and traveler
I saw a romantic comedy movie, "Crazy Rich Asians." I watched it back-to-back. (The night, and the morning after.) The movie is about an Asian American lady visiting her rich boyfriend's family in Singapore for the first time. It explains the cultural differences. Most of its scenes relate to my life as an Asian American. (My parents are Filipino. I was born and raised in America.)
Since I watched this superb film, I am writing about this blog entry, "L-O-V-E."
Love is just a 1-syllable, and 4-letter word. L-O-V-E. Truly, love has many definitions to it. We each have a heart. That is LOVE.
To keep it simple, I will explain my meaning of "love" to my future girlfriend. (Yuh, I have already written two letters to my future girlfriend, "A Letter to Her," and "Another Letter to Her.")
- Unconditional love.
- A huge sacrifice, commitment, and dedication.
- A travel buddy once told me, "You gotta love yourself first, in order to love her (or anybody else.)"
- Empathy. We are human. We have feelings. Patiently listen to her. It's not always about me. (For instance, I feel really hurt when I see her crying. I am concerned.)
- Acceptance. (I love her for her. I cannot change her for who I want her to be. Go with what she wants. It's her choice. It's her life.)
- Imperfect. Arguments are gonna happen. It is a challenge.
- Resolving arguments together. (Forgive and forget is unhealthy. Just forgetting about arguments is heartless. Buying her a gift to resolve the argument is even horrible.)
- No such thing as "easy love," unless pay for sex. That is easy way in, easy way out. No problems, no arguments. (I should not be in a relationship, if I just want this.)
- Sexual intimacy. (It is more than just sex. More loved, more selfless, and more closer together.)
- Respecting my lady. I would not abuse her in any way physically, verbally, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Being open (and comfortable) with each other. No secrets. (If I have a problem with her, I will let her know. I would not talk behind her back, or else I am a coward.)
- Giving her space. (Go ahead. I do not own her.)
- Trusting her, even when she is away from me. (Honesty is very important.)
- Understanding her, and making adjustments.
- Remembering and celebrating the important dates together, such as her birthday, and our anniversary. (I cherish moments and memories with her. Most importantly, it is her "presence," not her "presents.")
- Falling in love, and staying in love. (The excitement, and commitment.)
- Dynamic duo together. Growing together through thick and thin. We decide together as a team. (No "I." It is us.)
I love her. She will read this when the time comes. We shall see.
Most Read Blog Posts
- Happy Birthday, Sister
- Today, I Am Grateful For...
- Losing a Loved One
- A Letter To My Sister
- A Letter To My Uncle
- A Letter To My High School Self
- Happy Father's Day
- Happy Mother's Day
- My Throwback Thursday
- Where Am I At Now?
- A Letter To Her
- Ask, And Listen
- Pay It Forward
- Christmas 2017
- My First Dates
- Another Letter To Her